Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Project.

I am interested in exploring the influence Whitman has on future generations of writers and artists. I think he is certainly traceable through a great deal of beat literature, and his poetic style resonates through much modernist writing, however I would like to establish a connection with writers to whom Walt may be less recognised as influencing. I don't know who this will include yet, but I think it will be fun finding out!
I want to present my ideas perhaps through a series of poems. I write kind of stupid childish poetry, which may lend itself quite well to the topic, but also raise questions over whether I have actually learned anything and instead just done some stupid poems. This is a dilemma I will have to negotiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment